Call 0800 33 74 55 for a rapid response
D-Drill offers 2D and 3D GPR rebar detector concrete imaging across the UK. We can provide both 2D and 3D images that are easy to interpret, allowing non-destructive testing to take place prior to any drilling, sawing or coring.
D-Drill are at the forefront of the structural investigation and analysis of steel reinforcement in reinforced concrete structures. With our innovative portable and fast GPR (ground penetrating radar) concrete scanner, we can detect and measure the depth of cover, diameter and positioning of reinforcing bars (rebar) over a wide area. The concrete cover and rebar diameter estimation element is best performed with pulsed magnetic induction technology – and we always use the best tools for the job.
Benefits and applications of our concrete scanning service include:
- Rebar scanning - locate rebars, tendons, metal and plastic conduits, glass-fibre cables, voids and wood in dry concrete structures at depths of up to 300mm
- Quality assessment and checking of rebar and tendon layout (e.g. curvature, density, depth)
- Detection of voids, cavities and concealed objects
- Real-time view of the inside of concrete structures for direct on-site evaluation
- Top view and cross-section view for easy mapping and identification of multiple layers in concrete structures
- Inspection of floors, decks, slabs, balconies, etc. in structures such as tunnels, bridges and buildings
- The best GPR tools on the market to produce quality 2D or 3D concrete scan
Once your concrete scan survey is completed, D-Drill can also have the contractors and equipment on site to start any diamond drilling or concrete cutting where required, saving you time and money.